Online coaching is typically done via videoconferencing, supplemented by secure messaging and possibly telephone conversations. Some clients work with their coaches entirely online, some do a mix of online and face-to-face sessions. Is it for you?
Some of the advantages of online service delivery:
- You can keep appointments in spite of weather
- You can see your provider from the comfort of home
- You can work with your provider when you’re out of town
- You can receive services in remote and rural areas
Some of the negatives associated with online service delivery:
- You are not comfortable using the technology
- You do not have adequate computer equipment
- Your internet connection is not fast enough
In general, we’ll be able to do sessions via a videoconferencing app if you’re able to stream and watch videos on your phone, computer, laptop, or tablet. If that doesn’t work, we can do phone or chat sessions online.